Life in Canada

General Stuff
The_Maverick
Whore in the Making
Whore in the Making

Life in Canada

Post by The_Maverick » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:05 am

Sorry to be absent for so long. Took longer to get settled than I originally thought,

We have downsized from our property in in England from a 3 story 5 bedroom house to a 3 bedroom bungalow in the village of Lumby, BC.

Yes there has been a lot of stress involved, but it has been the best decision we ever made. Yeah, we had 2 feet of snow for 4 months, which really pissed of the people who were delivering 90 boxes of our stuff from England, but at least we get to eat at a table rather than sitting on the bed in a hotel room. Which we did for 2 months.....

I miss you all so much (well apart from Gopher) and hope that all of you and yours are well.

Will put up some pics when I can work out this new format.

The_Maverick
Whore in the Making
Whore in the Making

Re: Life in Canada

Post by The_Maverick » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:29 am

Something I forgot to add is the fact we don't have a postman, or as it is called here Kerbside Deliveries.

To pick up mail we have a PO Box at the post office in the Village.

The_Maverick
Whore in the Making
Whore in the Making

Post by The_Maverick » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:18 am

So all is good here. I'm working at a 7-Eleven on 39th in Vernon on a regular 3-11 shift. 5 on and 2off. Not the most glamorous job in the world but I'm really enjoying it.

Friday and Saturday nights get a tad bonkers with the drunks, druggies and the crazy people but with the training I've been given it's easy to deal with them.

Speaking of drunks. One example of why we decided to emigrate. On Sunday afternoon a man, aged about mid 30's stumbled through our front door. He was leaning on the counter mumbling incoherently. I asked him to leave, which he did, leaving an empty Micky of Vodka on the counter..

Watched him stagger away and thought nothing more about him. An hour later I go outside to change the garbage and he is fast asleep with his cell phone in his hand.

As he was unresponsive and had a high value cell in his hand I rang the RCMP non urgent line. 2 mins after finishing the call a Police SUV was on the lot. then a min later another one arrived. About another 2 mins later the Paramedics turned up in the Ambulance only to be followed 30 seconds later by a Fire & Rescue Truck.

Within 5 mins of finishing the call reporting the drunk there was 2 Police SUV's, an ambulance, 2 paramedics and a fully staffed fire truck. How freaking good is that?

The_Maverick
Whore in the Making
Whore in the Making

Post by The_Maverick » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:00 am

I'm going to waffle on here about our experiences. Not that anyone is reading it or commenting and not bragging wither. As Joe Friday said; Just the facts....

Found out something else today. The Highway I use to commute to work at a a certain point becomes quite twisty, if that's even a word. Turns out that when the road was redeveloped a couple of years ago, the new layout would have taken it near an inactive Volcano, so the original road was widened.

Gopher
Whore in the Making
Whore in the Making

Post by Gopher » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:46 am

And I don`t miss you either.......
Get this fucking shit sorted Boyo or I am out of here.

The_Maverick
Whore in the Making
Whore in the Making

Post by The_Maverick » Mon May 01, 2017 8:01 am

Gopher wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:46 am
And I don`t miss you either.......
:meh

jb's
Whore
Whore

Post by jb's » Thu May 18, 2017 4:04 pm

The_Maverick wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:00 am
I'm going to waffle on here about our experiences. Not that anyone is reading it or commenting and not bragging wither. As Joe Friday said; Just the facts....

Found out something else today. The Highway I use to commute to work at a a certain point becomes quite twisty, if that's even a word. Turns out that when the road was redeveloped a couple of years ago, the new layout would have taken it near an inactive Volcano, so the original road was widened.
Waffle away, I'm reading :) xx

The_Maverick
Whore in the Making
Whore in the Making

Post by The_Maverick » Sun May 28, 2017 10:48 am

jb's wrote:
The_Maverick wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:00 am

Waffle away, I'm reading :) xx
Oh. So much to say.

Will bore you with the details later as my thoughts are with the people of the Manchester bomb. One of our friends was there with hi 12 year niece. Thankfully they were unharmed.

Miss you so much, every day. We might not be close geographically anymore but I do think about a close frien most days. I do wonder how James and Gemma are doing know?

The_Maverick
Whore in the Making
Whore in the Making

Post by The_Maverick » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:08 am

OK, so latest update. Mrs Mav scored an average of 87.2 in her first semester. She was quite down about that as if she'd hit 90 then it would have been an A+ rather than just an A.

Life is good for me too. Reading back that it's just a 7-Eleven made me laugh. Yes I do have to deal with soooooooo many window lickers on a daily basis, but as I'm sure jb will understand from dealing with the public on a daily basis you A) Soon get used to it and B) take a long shower when you get home.

Speaking of home the reno's are coming along a treat. New beds in the main and spare bedroom. New light fittings and shades throughout.

Oh 7-Eleven. Thats anther thing. Long story but I'm now on the benefits package which is penny in the pound, plus my boss put an advert on indeed for an Assistant Store Leader. So, being the C@nt that I am I asked him how do I apply for it.

His reply was: You Don't

So right now I'm thinking WTF?

He then said> I'll train you for it, I want to work with people who look to develop, I can see you going off to run your own store.

Happy days

jb's
Whore
Whore

Post by jb's » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:24 pm

*corn